Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wine and Old Letters

I decided to look through my CD collection, and found Deana Carter. I had forgotten how much I like “Strawberry Wine”…ah, the memories. That was a good summer, I had just turned 19 and finished my first year of college. I was working two jobs and was friends with the very different bosses at both places. Things were so simple and free, not a care in the world. That was the summer that Alan taught me how to drive a stick shift. He was a wonderful guy...Memory Lane is a nice place to wander…



I am almost finished with my Grandpa’s “War Letter Binders”. I just have to get some photos developed to add. I can’t even begin to describe the amazing experience of being able to read through all of the letters my grandpa had written home during WWII. I got to know him in a completely different way – as a young man so proud to be serving his country. Times have certainly changed, but there will always be a reason why the Depression/WWII generation is the greatest generation. I am looking forward to transcribing my great-uncle’s letters next. He was in the Army stationed in Europe, while my grandpa was a Navy bombardier stationed in Rio de Janeiro and Africa. Very different experiences.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails