Tuesday, February 10, 2009


That's what I did all day yesterday, so I'm hoping to have a peaceful day today and actually get some things done. I've already caught up on my 365 Project blog, so there's one thing I can cross off my to-do list.

I put a lot of miles on my car, yesterday, and I have a feeling we'll be putting even more on this weekend. My Monday went like this:

5:30am - get up and shower before Logan (a little boy I watch before school) gets here
6:30am - 7:40am - Fight with Logan to stop tormenting Taylor and Landon. (This child tries my patience. He goes out of his way to do things he knows he's not supposed to be doing, so he'll be spending a lot of time sitting on the time-out chair on the back porch.)
7:40am - Drop Logan off at the bus, then head into town for Taylor's dentist appointment.
9:30am - Leave the dentist's office and run a quick errand before heading back home because Taylor forgot his backpack.
9:45am - Drive the 13 miles to Taylor's school
10:20am - Get home and play with Landon, work on Taylor's valentines a little, then eat lunch.
1:15pm - Drop Landon off at my sister-in-law's (Kelly) house and leave for my dentist appointment in Minden (25 miles from Roseland in the opposite direction of "town").
1:50pm - Arrive at dentist's office, doing my best not to completely freak out (I have an unnatural fear of the dentist)
3:40pm - After having 13 years worth of build-up removed (yes, it had been 13 years since I've seen a dentist, and the only reason I went now was because I've been in a lot of pain for the past couple of weeks), and having a wisdom tooth pulled, I headed back to Kelly's house to pick up Landon and wait for Taylor who was riding the bus there.

Kelly and I exchanged our war stories (she's as terrified of the Big D as I am). I got my shot to numb the area, but when Dr. Bob was poking to make sure I was numb, I wasn't. So, I got a second shot. He started pulling on the tooth and I was in pain. After the 3rd shot, I was finally numb enough and he whipped the tooth out in a matter of seconds. Very traumatic for me. My mouth is still sore today.

Around 4:30, we finally headed home. On the bright side, I did find a little red shack on my way back from the dentist. There are also a few other buildings I found that I'm dying to photograph, but I need to find out who owns the land and get their permission first. Luckily, I was able to get this little building from the road.


We got our taxes back last week, so we're going shopping this weekend. Our plan so far:

Drop the boys off at my mom & dad's. Drive to H to go to Menard's for some wood, then back to mom & dad's to drop the wood off (my dad is going to cut it for me while we're driving all over the countryside). We then have to go to K so we can go to Old Navy and Cabela's. Then, we'll head over to GI so we can go to Best Buy and Hobby Lobby. We'll be driving over 170 miles...on second thought...maybe we'll save Kearney for another day. Or just go to the Scheels and Old Navy when we go to Lincoln in a couple of weeks!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails