Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Tuesday, March 24, 2009

I'm Back

Last week was a tough one both emotionally and physically. When we lost Maxine, it felt like a little bit of life's magic had gone with her. The funeral was on Wednesday. She was still smiling in her sleep, laying on an eyelet bed, holding her rosary, and her Red Hat tucked in beside her. The priest had known her well, and was able to make this Catholic funeral seem less cold. She's now in her final resting place, next to her first husband. They're up on a hill south off Pisgah, and from that hill, you can see their son Jim's farm, and the old farmhouse Maxine and Ivan had shared.

Now there are three. Ralph is the oldest. Only a year separated him and my grandpa, and I have so much fun listening to him tell stories about the two of them being ornery little boys and young men. It was especially refreshing to see him this time. The last few times I've seen Ralph, he has seemed tired, and was having some heath issues. This past week, he had more energy than I remember him ever having, and he just looked heathly.

The picture above is of my grandpa's brothers, the last of the 6 kids. Derrell is the 2nd youngest, Ralph the oldest, and Ray is the youngest.

***********************************************

I spent my weekend at home. A cold hit me Thursday night, and from Friday night through Sunday I was miserable. I couldn't breathe and my entire body ached. Taylor didn't have school yesterday, and I think having an extra day to sleep in has finally helped to start getting rid of this cold! I'm feeling much better this morning (I even got up at 5:30 to make cinnamon rolls for Jeremy before he had to go to work)!

I spent Sunday afternoon going through every single CD I had, hoping to find all of the genealogy research I had typed up on the old hard drive. I was able to find the pictures, the scans of census records and military records, and a CD with all of my grandpa's war letters I had transcribed. Like an idiot, I hadn't backed up all of the word documents that I had created to make sense of my many notebooks full of notes, so I'll be slowly working on recreating those again.

It was just a long week, and I'm looking forward to this one!

My plans for the rest of the day include a lot of fabric cutting and sewing, along with some photo editing and trying to get caught up on my 365 Days Project!

What are you up to?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails