Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, June 15, 2009

Betty's Here!

Gretta, my wonderfully old green sewing machine, sews like a dream. She belonged to my grandma, my mom remembers Gretta well from her childhood. Anyway, the ONLY thing wrong with her is that the bobbin winder doesn't work worth a darn. It'll wind my bobbins, but the thread is REALLY loose. So, I've been wanting to buy a bobbin winder for some time. I've had my mom's sewing machine, and only use it for winding bobbins, but hate having to haul it out every time I need it. Not only that, but she's decided she'd like to use it sometime, too...you know, since she bought the thing and all!

I've found bobbin winders at Wal-Mart, KMart, Hobby Lobby, etc, but have been way too cheap to buy one (they run about $35). Last Wednesday, I was looking at the Fabric Depot website and found Betty! She was on sale for $16.50, so I ordered her right then and there, and she arrived in my mailbox this morning.




She's a cute little thing, measuring in at about 5.5" x 3.5" and she's VERY lightweight. She runs on 2 AA batteries (not included), but what is included is a power cord. Another bonus is that the boys think she's a lot of fun, so they've both offered to wind my bobbins when I need them!

The sidewinders like Betty are now on sale for only $15 (shipping is $4.95) here, or they also offer some pink ones here for $20. The pink ones are more because they benefit cancer research.

Well, it's time to get the boys ready for their first day of swim lessons! See you tomorrow (mom and I hit some garage sales over the weekend, and I have lots of goodies to show you)!

1 comment:

  1. I'd like to know how you fare with your bobbin winder. I'm not at all happy with the one that looks just like yours that I picked up at Joann Fabrics. Maybe I just got a lemon?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails