Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Thursday, October 1, 2009

Nebraska Junk Jaunt 2009

First, let me tell you that I won't have any pictures to show you until I can get my camera from my mom & dad. Silly me, I left it in dad's truck when they brought me home!

The Junk Jaunt was a lot of fun, and we're already making plans for next year. Oh, the things we saw, and the people we met! I'm really not sure what I enjoyed most, looking at 300 miles worth of goodies or meeting many wonderful people. My dad has family out by Arapahoe and Holbrook, and when we were in Broken Bow, I met a delightful gentleman and his beautiful wife who know my dad's family well (they are from Arapahoe)! They are close to my grandpa's age, and I can't even begin to tell you how much I love talking with people from that generation.

In Elba, we met an adorable little guy who nearly broke my heart. He and his wife celebrated their 65th wedding anniversary this year. He lost her just recently, and listening to him talk about her while looking at the house they shared for those 65 years, it was clear just how much he loves her. My parents and I felt almost like we were robbing him. He had 2 beds for sale. One was an old metal/iron bed, much like the one dad used to make my, now red, bench for me. The other was one of those old metal hide-away beds, the kind that folds up into a "U" shape. Mom went to pay for the iron bed, and he told her she could have both for $1. Yep, you read that correctly, ONE DOLLAR - for both!

Although I didn't find what I was really hoping for (an old dress form), I did find lots of other goodies. There's a scale, some doilies, a cute apron, some table cloths, a few books, and even a boyfriend who we'll call "Old Blue" for Rusty Red!

1 comment:

  1. I did several blogs on the junk jaunt. I too enjoyed talking to people, esp. the elderly! That was half the fun! Fellowship!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails