Thursday, October 29, 2009

Time Flies

Where has the time gone? I can't believe how long it has been since I last posted! I know I owe you some pictures of what came home with me from the Junk Jaunt, but you'll have to wait a little longer (I haven't taken pics of everything, yet)! Sorry! Things have been kind of crazy around here lately. Between all of us being sick at one time or another, swaps, and working on the haunted house, I really haven't had time for much else!

Last weekend was the 2nd (and maybe last) Holstein Haunted House. I was suffering from migraines, so I didn't get to be in it - I was sure that the screaming would have definitely triggered one. I did go in on Saturday to get a few pictures, though! They're not the best pictures, one of those headaches was trying to sneak it's way in, but I hope you'll enjoy them anyway!

My sis-in-law, Jocelyn, played "Fritz" the clown. Fritz was the one who guided the guests through the haunted house. Jocelyn is quite a character herself, so she was perfect! My nephew, Cole, was the funeral director. I tried uploading a video of his head-drop, but it didn't work. I'll keep trying, though, because it is AWESOME!

Jeremy's uncle Mike and Cole in the cemetery (Cole was following me around trying to get into every picture!)

This was the vortex. I really wish I would have gotten video of it. It was amazing! It was pitch black in this hallway except for the green light. It's just a laser pointer my father-in-law attached to a computer fan to make it spin, and the fog from the fogger in there made it look like you were in a spinning tunnel!

There was also an insane asylum, medical examiner (our M.E. was the local butcher, and he brought in one of his tables that he uses to chop meat - his daughter had to lay on it because she was the autopsy - and a couple of racks full of cow hearts and tongues!), funeral parlor, Bloody Mary, and a child's room. In the child's room, my neice Jadyn was laying on a bed and a monster came out of the closet and crawled under the bed. Then, she would "wake up" and fall out of bed onto a rug. As soon as she was down, her dad (he was hiding and you couldn't see any part of him) would pull her, screaming under the bed. Once she was under, the monster would come back out and go back into the closet.


I did have time for a few crafty things, though. One of those things was a clock. I found this container in my grandpa's old barn when we went out there a few weeks ago. It was made by the Sunflower Manufacturing Co., and there's a ruler on this inside, but I don't know what it was used for. It had two small holes, one on the front, and one right across on the back, that were the perfect size for a clock kit! The screw on the kit was about an inch long, and too big for the hole, so Jeremy cut be a piece of wood (I didn't want that much of the screw sticking out anyway), painted the gold hands red, and put it all together. I haven't yet decided if I'm going to add numbers. I kind of like the simplicity of it now.

Hope you all have a Happy Halloween! If the weekend goes like I'm hoping it will, I'll have a couple of things to show you on Monday, and even add a few handmade items to my Etsy shop!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails