Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Friday, February 3, 2012

Grab-N-Go Cereal

We throw away sooooooo much cereal. Every single day, at least 1/2 - 1 Cup of cereal gets thrown away. It drives me nuts!  The boys tend to fill their bowls so full of cereal that there's hardly any room for milk!  My constant nagging of, "Start out with just a little - you can always get a little more" hasn't gotten through their thick skulls, so I've been tempted to just stop buying cereal all together.

This morning, Awesome asked me to explain the nutrition facts to him. As I was explaining everything, an idea came to me, and as soon as the boys were dropped off at the bus, I got busy.


I poured 1 cup of cereal into Snack Size Ziploc bags, and put them in a basket (big thanks to my grandma for her ca-ra-zay basket collection!).

Now, the boys can just grab a baggie with the right amount of cereal for their bowls, and if we all oversleep (it has happened, and more than I'd like to admit!), they can just grab a baggie on the way out the door!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails