Monday, July 21, 2008

Fish 'n Trips

I am in pain this morning - probably because I am way out of shape! Taylor, Landon, and I spent the night at the Henry Doorly Zoo Saturday night. The boys and I arrived at the zoo around 6:30, and waited patiently with our friends/fellow scouts, Beth and Brant (there are only 3 boys in the pack, and one boy and his mom couldn't make it, so Landon happily took one of their spots). After dropping off our bags and moving our cars to the employee parking lot, we took an evening hike before heading back to the Aquarium for pizza. While eating, we found out our sleeping spots (they drew our group names out of a hat and got to pick where we slept based on the order our names were pulled out). We didn't get to sleep in the Shark Tunnel, but we did find a really good spot just outside the tunnel. There was a HUGE window that allows you to see inside the shark aquarium, and the five of us fit perfectly along that window. We didn't lay down till midnight or so, but were up well past 1am just watching the sharks, sea turtles, sting rays, and fish swimming around. I woke up around 5:15am and was wide awake, so I went ahead and got up and into the bathroom before everyone else got the wake-up call at 6. There were 100 people there, including 2 girl scout troops, so I was happy to have the bathroom to myself while I got ready for the day.

After breakfast and moving our vehicles from the employee lot to the main parking lot, we went for another hike. Towards the end of our hike, my sister-in-law called to let me know that she, her hubby, little boy, and Jeremy had all arrived at the zoo, so we met up with them. That was around 9am. We didn't leave the zoo till shortly after 1pm. Poor Landon was asleep before we even made it out of the parking lot, and slept the 2 1/2 hours to Hastings where we stopped at Sonic for our "Lupper" (lunch & supper). As exhausted as we were last night, we're glad we got the chance to sleep with the fishies, and would do it again if the opportunity comes again.

My to-do list is growing and growing, so there's a good chance that I won't be around the next few days so I can get it under control! When I come back, I'll try to have some pictures from the zoo and of the bench my dad made me.

Have a good week!


Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails