Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas...

...and it's coming true. A little excessive, though. This is what is going on outside our door right now.



This weather has changed our plans, which really kind of sucks. My sisters-in-law from Denver and Lincoln won't be coming back. My older brother and his family live about 2 hours northwest of us, and they're going to wait till Friday afternoon to make a decision. My younger brother from Kansas City is leaning towards staying home, too. We'll miss seeing everyone, but with icy roads and 45mph winds blowing up to 18" of snow, we'd rather they stay safe and sound in their own homes.

I usually do my grocery shopping one week at a time. I plan out our meals before going and stick to the list. This week, we were planning on being at my in-laws' on Friday and my parents' on Saturday, so I didn't buy anything for lunch and supper for those two days. Yesterday, I made a mad dash into town so we could eat something other than cookies, cheese balls, chocolate pie, and hashbrown casserole all weekend! I picked up a copy of A Christmas Story, and on Christmas Day (if we stay home), we're going to watch the movie, and I'm going to make Chicken Fried Rice.

Hope you all have a very Merry Christmas!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails