Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, March 15, 2010

A Good Weekend

Did you know that March is National Crochet Month? I had planned on making something and sharing the pattern with you, but with a gazillion things to do, I don't see that happening before the end of the month. So, I'm going to share one of my favorite sources for patterns with you instead. The Lion Brand Yarn website has a ton of knit, crochet, and craft patterns for you. You have to register, but it's free!

(Okay, am I the only one who can't stand Miley Cyrus? A commercial just came on with her talking about being in The Last Song - the only Nicholas Sparks movie I don't want to see because she annoys me so much - and she just really annoys me!)

Anyway...I sometimes go a year or two without setting foot inside a movie theater. Not this year...Saturday, my mom and I took the boys to see Alice in Wonderland. LOVED it! When everybody is here for Easter, we're going to take the kids to see How to Train Your Dragon, and I'm dying to see the new Clash of the Titans. It's in 3D! This summer is going to bring Eclipse and Jeremy and I will be taking the boys to Avatar: The Last Airbender (I'm excited because my favorite Cullen family member is in it). Then in November, Taylor and I will be going to Harry Potter...and guess what?! As I was looking for links, I came across an article that said the final two HP films will also be 3D! And did I mention that New Moon comes out this Saturday? Yeah, I pre-ordered it. Did you know that if you pre-order it from Amazon, they'll send you a link so you can watch it online if you don't get the DVD on Saturday? We were hoping to find a PS3 so I could watch it on the TV instead of the computer, (well, Jeremy and the boys want one for video games and Netflix) but everybody is sold out!

I know this post is kind of all over the place, but I have to mention the most exciting part about my weekend. I've been wanting to redo the kitchen backspash for a while (right now it's painted red), and I love the look of subway tiles, tin tiles, and beadboard for backsplashes. Tiles are expensive, and the thought of trying to keep grout lines clean exhausts me, so the subway tiles were out. If I go with tin tiles, they will be tin, not plastic. Those suckers are ex.pen.sive., so they're out. That leaves beadboard, but I have a headache just thinking about getting it cut right.

Image from Better Homes and Gardens

Then several months ago, I found this:


It's wallpaper! I thought my problem was solved when I found this on the Home Depot website. Only $22 for 56 sq. ft! I didn't really want to pay shipping, so I headed to the HD about 45 minutes away. Lowe's has it for $15/roll (also 56 sq. ft.), but I didn't want to drive 2 hours to the nearest store. Saturday, we went to the local Menard's. I found it. $13 for a 55 sq. ft. roll! So excited!!! Now I'm coming up with more and more projects that I can use it for. Jeremy's worried that our house is going to turn into one gigantic beadboarded chalkboard!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails