Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Public Service Announcement

First off, I want to say a big

THANK YOU!

You guys are awesome! Thank you so much for all the kind emails and comments. Things have been kind of stressful these past few weeks, and I haven't returned emails and visited blogs like I should have been.  I apologize for that.  I'll be making my rounds again starting on Monday!

Now, for my PSA...
Recently, I went in to get my thyroid levels checked.  I knew they were off, but I didn't realize how bad they really were.  My TSH (Thyroid Stimulating Hormone) level is 2-3 times the highest end of what is considered normal.  That explains soooo much.  If your thyroid is wonky, it'll mess with your weight, moods, hair texture, metabolism, and everything in between.  We're in the process of trying to figure out the right dosage again, and I can't wait to get it all figured out!  The test is fairly cheap, and I highly recommend checking into it.  I have hypothyroidism, but my dad had hyperthyroidism (he had a goiter, and it was taken care of with radiation).

I am thankful for my dad's goiter.  If he hadn't had that (or hadn't found it), I never would have thought to get my thyroid checked.  I have only been on thyroid meds for a couple of weeks, but I already feel better, even though we're just starting to find the right dosage.

You owe it to yourself (and your family) to check out the symptom lists and ask your doctor about getting the test done.  It's a simple blood draw, and you can have the results within 24 hours or so.

That's all for now, but I'll be back next week with more craftiness!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails