Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Puppet Theatre

When I was growing up, I had two wonderfully huge windows in my bedroom. My mom, being the awesome woman she is, saved three sets of window treatments that she and my grandma had made (she also saved the bedding grandma made). These window treatments have been sitting in storage, with the hopes that someday I might be able to use them for my daughter's room.

Since it appears that I will not be having a daughter, I decided it was time to think of a way to share my girly treatments with my boys. This is what I came up with:



A puppet theatre!

I used one set of the least girly treatments, which happened to come in 3 sections. The two side sections, I just put on a tension rod together.  Then I dug out some ticking that I had bought on sale years ago when the local Wal-Mart stupidly decided to get rid of their fabric department, cut it to the size I wanted/needed, and attached it to the middle section of the window treatment.  I put that on another tension rod, hung them in the hallway, and we have a puppet theatre!

The boys loved it, and have started writing scripts, and making lists of puppets they need to make.  To start with, though, we just grabbed a couple of the yarn octopi we made a while back, and stuck a stick in them.  I'll get a quick tutorial for those (and yarn dolls) up soon, too.


It's a great way to reuse old window treatments, fabric you don't know what to do with, and it keeps the kids busy using their imaginations!

Linking up to some of these parties!


1 comment:

  1. Adorable! I'm a sucker for pom pom trim! I'm sure your boys will have hours of fun here.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails