Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, January 10, 2011

2011...not starting out so well

Hmmm...So far, I'm not liking the way this year has started. First, we learned about the Millard South shooting, then there was the tragedy in Tuscon. This evening, I found out that a man I've never met, but have admired since reading and seeing Band of Brothers almost 10 years ago, has passed away.

"If you can find that peace within yourself, that peace and quiet and confidence that you can pass on to others, so that they know that you are honest and you are fair and will help them, no matter what, when the chips are down."
~Major Dick Winters~
January 21, 1918 - January 2, 2011


2 comments:

  1. I keep forgetting to tell my hubby about this news. He is a big fan of the mini series and will be saddened to hear this. Soon our WW II heroes will be all gone...:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Band of Brothers - I have it on DVD, so I watch it a couple times a year. I recently checked out "The Pacific" DVDs from the library. If your hubby liked BoB, he'll probably like this one, too.

    I'm glad that there are so many books and movies about the WWII era. I think it's so important to both the country and the veterans that the sacrifices made during WWII are not forgotten.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails