Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Monday, April 20, 2009

Another Apron Swap Finished

Today I made a trip to the post office to send off another flirty apron. The theme this time was "Vintage Linens", and even though it was difficult to get started, I had a lot of fun with this one. I ended up using a cute sheet and made up my own pattern for it. I think it turned out pretty cute!



Along with the apron and a vintage tea towel I found, I included a recipe for something I've been craving today - Runzas! Unfortunately the restaurant is only in Nebraska, with very few exceptions, but here's a recipe for making them (they're also called bierocks):

Runza Recipe
2 pound ground beef
1 large onion , chopped
Salt
Pepper
1 Medium Cabbage, chopped
2 batches of egg dough

Saute onion in a bit of oil until just translucent. Add hamburger and saute until no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper. Drain away the grease, and return to the pan. Cover the mixture with the shredded cabbage and cook until the cabbage is done. Stir occasionally. This could take about 45 minutes or so.

Using an egg-dough recipe, roll small balls of dough thin to make a 5×5 square. Put about 1/2 cup of cabbage mixture in center of square and seal closed. Place seal side down on a parchment lined baking sheet (or a lightly greased sheet).

Bake 20-25 minutes at 350 or until lightly golden brown.

And, if you're ever in a town that has a Runza, definitely stop and try them out! Go here to find their locations.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds kind of like a recipe for Pasties - the lumberjacks used to make and eat them, but they included rutabagas and potatoes chopped up! I love those, so I bet I would enjoy your recipe as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails