Home *** Tutorials *** Library *** Kitchen *** About Me *** Contact Me *** FAQ


Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Comments on my Obsession

I wasn't around much last week because I was obsessed with something...someone.



I told you I started reading Twilight, right? Well, I finished that sucker by Tuesday morning. I was seriously debating a trip into town to buy New Moon when I decided to just call my mom to have her pick the last three books for me. Then it ocurred to me that Kelly had a copy. I give her a quick call, and about 1/2 an hour later, we're back home with both New Moon and the Twilight movie in my hands. I stayed up way too late that night to finish New Moon and to watch the movie.

I spent Wednesday morning catching up and getting ahead on housework. It was also Landon's 5th birthday, so once the cleaning was done, he was (almost) completely in charge of how we spent the rest of the day. My parents came out for supper to celebrate my baby turning 5 (I'm still trying to figure out when that happened), and they brought out the last three books. As soon as the boys were in bed, I started on Eclipse. By Thursday night, I was done with both Eclipse and Breaking Dawn.

The books were soooooo good, but now I have to re-read them and take my time. I sped through them so fast that I know some things didn't register. Now that I know what happens, I won't be in such a hurry to get to the next page/chapter/book.

I really didn't care for the movie, but here's my advice: Watch it more than once.



Kelly had told me that she had to watch it twice before she liked it, so I decided to watch it again Friday morning, even though I thought it might kill me! She was right. The more you watch it, the more you like it. I love the baseball scene. It's not all that spectacular, but the song is AWESOME! It's called "Supermassive Black Hole" by Muse. To listen to it, just turn off my playlist at the bottom of the page, then click on the play button. This song is so different from what I usually like, but I like it!



Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones


If you're looking for something new to read, I recommend checking out Twilight. Like I've said before, there is nothing about this series that I found appealing. I got the book mostly out of boredom and I got hooked - it's "my brand of heroine".

Just to clarify, I'm not a drug addict... the heroine line is from the book!

2 comments:

  1. Wow!! That was fast. I'm glad you enjoyed the series. It really is addicting.

    I was completely against the movie when I first heard about it. I refused to see it in theaters and wasn't even sure about renting it. I think the time to process (sounds corny, but it's true) the fact that the movie wasn't going to be as good as the book helped a lot. I liked it, but I'll follow your recommendation and watch it again. It certainly couldn't hurt, right? ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the movie is one of those that the more you watch it, the more you like it. I'm looking forward to seeing New Moon this fall. Hopefully it'll be better than Twilight was.

    Have you heard that SM started writing Midnight Sun, but has put it on hold indefinitely because the first 12 chapters were leaked. UGH! She has the first chapter on her website, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll decide to finish it - soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by!

Related Posts with Thumbnails